How to: Make Last Minute Costumes
Saturday, October 23rd, 2010
1. Trash Man - You’ll need some glue or tape. Take trash from your receptacle (make sure it’s not dripping) and glue onto self. For a more convincing costume, roll in dirt.
2. Be the “Death of Print Media” - Take newspaper and glue or tape it on self. Then use eyeliner, baby powder and red lipstick to give yourself the zombie aesthetic. Talk incessantly about your blog and/or Twitter account.
3. Human Sponge - Disclaimer: this could annoy your roommates and/or your fellow party patrons. Take several (as many as possible) sponges and glue or tape to self. This costume is all about the show so you’ll need to knock over all your fellow partygoers' drinks and make a point of laying in the puddle, soaking up all the booze for yourself.
4. Go “Undercover” - Carry a blanket with you. Tell others that you’re “undercover.”
5. Come in Your Pants - Wear nothing but stained-crotch jeans and no shirt and tell others that you’ve come in your pants.
6. Barista - Use coffee grinds and throw on self. Condescend to others’ beverage choices. Smear a coffee ground beard on your face.
It’s not the particular costume that you choose but the effort shown that makes Halloween fun. We all just want to pretend we’re something we’re not for a night and if one person isn’t in character it brings all of us back to reality with them. Just dress up, please!
More by this Author